Monday, December 13, 2010

Wisdom Teeth Extraction

The most exciting scary thing that's happened to me since the start of holidays so far, has got to be my wisdom teeth extraction. I had it this noon at Lucky Plaza and it lasted close to an hour? Can't be too sure since I was drowsy from the effects of anesthesia.

The only pain I felt from the entire process was from the injections; the 3 injections on my right hand (to make me drowsy) and the four on my gums (these were really bad and I teared). There was drilling, lots of it because my two bottom wisdom teeth were growing in a horizontal manner (bottom left in picture below) and the dentist had to break them into smaller pieces before he could remove them. So other than drilling, I also heard cracking sounds inside my mouth; I had no idea how he cracked them, but I'm guessing he used pliers of some sort?


Something stupid happened to me. After exiting the clinic, I headed straight for the nearest toilet to pop a painkiller before the effect of the anesthetic wore off, and since my entire mouth was in numbness, I didn't realize I hadn't swallowed the pill and it got stuck on my teeth instead. Tasted a horrible, bitter taste in my mouth when I woke up in between bouts during my sleep and after I woke up for good. It was blearghhhhhhhhhh.

Fortunately for me, the bleeding's stopped after my nap, and I even managed to have some pork porridge that Dad bought for me when I got home. Maybe it's because of the bitter taste that the painkiller left in my mouth that for the first time ever, I thought cold (put out to cool for 4 hours) porridge actually tasted good. Oh wait, maybe it's because I haven't had any food all day hurhur.

My jaws are still feeling a little sore, but I can finally feel my lips and chin again! I still dare not use my tongue to probe around the back of my mouth, kinda worried that my tongue's going to get caught under of those stitches and rip them out :x

Hehe, okay lah. Enough scaring you guys (who haven't gone for your wisdom teeth extraction). Like what everyone else say, it's really not that painful (cept for the jabs!); okay actually not painful at all apart from the jabs. I guess it gets scary only when you try to visualize what the dentists are doing with their equipment in your mouths... so, stop doing it!

I had Siao to accompany me home after and thank goodness for her, if not I'd have fallen down on the escalator or slipped or something if I were all by my own. Thank you Siaooooooo I love you!


My mum was super annoying earlier on, she said she's "going to buy all the nice food because I can't eat them for now". And that's why I think my mumsy's the best :p

No comments:

It was during one of those conversations where we were disagreeing again with each other's views that I got a clearer understanding of ...