Monday, January 17, 2011

#2 My crush

I don't have a crush right now, so this post will be about the last one I had, slightly more than a year ago and I'll try to keep it as short as I can.

Not dropping any names here but, I bet you already know who I'm talking about, people who've seen me at my silliest 發花痴 period; I was a great source of my friends' entertainment - talking about it now makes me feel like digging a hole, so that I can just shove my face in there. *face-palm*

I digress.

Our first meeting was brief and most easily forgettable; lasted for all of 30 minutes and took place by the beach, along with maybe 10 other people and a dog. I'd totally forgotten about this encounter until our second meeting; during the school's CCA fair, and it was just as forgettable as the first. In all honesty, I'd only started remembering his existence after a darned (sweet) dream I had of us as a couple - arm in arm, strolling down some street while on holiday in some foreign land, both smiling and laughing out loud.

That wasn't the only dream I had of us; a few more came up and each of them was just as sweet as the first. I clung on to my dreams for as long (or short, depending on how you see it) as the semester lasted; we hung out for a fair bit during the semester since we were staying just a few blocks away from each other on campus; for evening jogs, supper sessions and even drives out of Singapore.

Somehow, with the dreams and friends' 'advice', I was silly/stupid enough to let myself believe that what we had between us would eventually develop into something more than just a platonic relationship in my naivety - that was obviously not going to happen. And during my infatuation, I suffered from a very serious case of 花痴 - symptoms included smiling to self as I had even the slightest thought about him, being in a constant daze thinking about the remotest possibilities of us getting together and constantly talking to my friends about him thus annoying them to no end.

Later in the same semester, I did not try sounding out how he felt towards us like my friends suggested, but I did quite a lot of facebook-stalking, and found out things that made me decide not to do it. Things are a little complicated and sensitive to be talked about here, so I'm skipping that part and moving onto the ending now.

We stopped contact (more or less) after the semester because he'd stopped staying on campus; and that was the end of it; no more hanging out and no more opportunities for my mind to wander. I stopped having mushy sweet dreams of us (but started having dreams of other people *ahem*) eventually, and that really sped up the moving on process a lot.

Very abrupt end to things, but that's usually how things in life progress; I'm sorry there's none of those climatic endings you see on telly. Anyhow, I believe the age limit to infatuations is 21 - so that's probably the last time you'll ever see my 發花痴 symptoms. Never again. Or maybe not until I start looking for my bacon a few years down the road. Aren't you gladdddd.

7 comments:

shir said...

how can we forget? hahahah. and oh the bacon thing is too cute. i hope you're doing well in hk!

aj said...

haha laugh bah laugh bah, i'd also laugh if i were in your shoes. bacon thing is most wtf thing i've seen in quite a while. and hk's great, i don't want to come home so soon!

siao said...

sorry siao, but i just want to laugh. hahhahahahahha!

aj said...

about what? bacon? or me when i was at my silliest?

siao said...

the latter. haha. oppsy. hahahhahhahha!

shir said...

hahaha, you were like the greatest form of entertainment that didn't cost anything for that period of time! no worries, you won't be coming home so soon hahah, but time does fly! ya the bacon thing is jaw-dropping but so funnyyyyy!who'd ever rather be in in love with bacon :| maybe simin

aj said...

haha yeah, i think i'd laugh hard at someone like that if i were to see him/her now. and me, i'd rather be in love with bacon (though i really prefer ham) than an actual person, at least for now!

It was during one of those conversations where we were disagreeing again with each other's views that I got a clearer understanding of ...