Monday, August 22, 2011

#4 My sibling

Didi. 
Or YF, as you may already have heard me call him countless times here and in real life.

When we were much younger (like more than 10 years ago), we slept in the same room in our 3-room HDB flat; our beds were made of a two tier wooden frame and the lower one had small roller wheels attached to the bottom so that it could be more easily pulled out. Looking back now, I think those nights were some of the best nights of my life, growing up. Before we slept each night for most nights, we would sometimes wrestle and fight over meaningless or petty issues - there was once where YF used his yellow power ranger figurine to knock out one of my teeth (without intention to actually), laugh at our own stupid jokes, share funny/interesting stories about our school lives - usually about some cute guy or girl, talk gossip about some of our relatives and discussed some of the kiddy big dreams (not in the literal sense) that we had for our future.

Those were such good times.

After moving over to our new place where we each have our own room now, we've more or less stopped talking as much as we used to (not to say that we don't anymore). Nowadays, I try to annoy the hell out of him as much possible by clinging onto his arm tightly or just pretending to be his girlfriend while we're outside. He loveeeeeeees it, not. Hahah.

He's currently in his final year of study at SP, doing something that my Dad used to do in his younger days. I'm really happy for him that he's going to places most of his same-age peers will not even consider going because it's just too damned tough out there for most of them.



I love didi very much... though I really hate it when he uses vulgar language on me these days. YF's matured a lot over the last few years and even though we're probably not as close as we used to be,  I'm still immensely proud of him (I've never told him that because I'm too paiseh to). 

2 comments:

shir said...

and he looks very smart in his uniform (:

aj said...

haha i help him say thank you!

It was during one of those conversations where we were disagreeing again with each other's views that I got a clearer understanding of ...