Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Welcoming the year of the water dragon.

#1 Card with description of yusheng's origins at Dragon Phoenix Restaurant, Novotel. 

This lunar new year is slightly different from the others because it's my year! I can't remember if I was as excited about CNY 12 years ago, but I must've been; it was a dragon year too! Anyway, reunion dinner with the paternal side of my family took place last night at Dragon Phoenix Restaurant at Novotel. The place was so awfully crowded; the restaurant had even rented a ballroom from the hotel to cater to the numerous families gathering for their reunion dinners.

#2 Yusheng - Ready to be tossed

#3 and my very first lohei this year! Let's huat together!

Post reunion dinner, we headed home to finish up with the spring cleaning - I was so glad that we were done when we were done because Ah Hong had been breathing down my our necks all day; she's someone I don't wish to be around on 除夕. And as usual, we spent the rest of the night watching Mediacorp's CNY eve's special programme at home - just to hear what the fengshui master has to say about the luck of the different zodiac animals for the year.

#4 First angbao of the dragon year, from Ah Hong dearest!

Spent another 30 minutes helping Honghong prepare red packets for next day's visiting - and I realized that CNY is a jin 重本 affair!

Woke up only late afternoon today since I hadn't gone to bed till 6 a.m. in the morning. It was grandma's place until evening; I ate way too much new year goodies and we played mahjong - started off by winning a lup sup 自摸五台湖; I was so happy that I squealed and jumped around in joy.

#5 Cheongsam that I'm going to continue wearing even when it's not CNY

#6 Hiao hiao

We visited Honghong and Dad's matchmaker friends in the evening and I think they had a good time catching up. I'm probably not giving them enough credit here, but dear auntie and uncle, I hope you will know that I truly am thankful that you brought Mumsy and Dad together about 30 years ago! I will not be here typing this if not for you guys!

I have a crazy amount of assignments to get done so I really shouldn't be spending too much time here so... all you people reading this, have a fantastic Dragon year of good health, love and wealth! Huat huat! :)

#7 Our new 'passenger'.

2 comments:

siao! said...

nice cheongsam!

aj said...

thank you!

<3 siao2.

It was during one of those conversations where we were disagreeing again with each other's views that I got a clearer understanding of ...