Saturday, August 14, 2010

better late than never

I know I turned 22 some time back, and I'd almost forgotten about these pictures that we took... But I didn't; should've posted them a little earlier but I just started watching The Big Bang Theory and now it's just about all that I want to do online :x

from my zhu peng gou yous.

<3 and thanks for the great time!

Everyone agreed to indian food (even Siao who can't take spicy food) when I suggested it so we had dinner at Big Splash. That was my first Indian buffet and we had a good time; the ambience was nice, and we had free-flow yummy naans and butter chicken! Looking at this picture makes me realize (again) that we've come such a long way from our Cedar Primary days, and it makes me wonder how many more birthdays will we be celebrating together. I'm sure not that many people are still in such close contact with their primary school mates but I'm really glad we've only become closer over the years as we grow. As much as we'd like it to go on infinitely and as much as we hate to admit, friends and their priorities change and there's possibly just going to be one point in time when these things finally come to an end huh? Until then (and hopefully nowhere in the near future), I guess I'll just continue to enjoy their company and loveeeeee. Lub all of you deep deep.

And while we're on the topic of Indian food, I just want to share a place that serves great and cheap Indian vegetarian food at Suntec (and post some pictures from a meet-up :p). It's on the same level as Kushin Bo, and right opposite Toys R Us and it's called Pangaat Indian Cuisine. My new friend who loves eating (too) recommended this place when I asked him where should I go for cheap and yummy indian food. So far, I've been here twice; once during dinner and the other lunch.


Lunch's what you see up here; it comes in a set of 2 chepatis/parathas/can't-remember-what's-the-last-one and you get to choose three different dishes from a set of pre-cooked ones (like the chinese chap chai png or malay biryani). Dessert comes in the set too; the fried little colourful balls that you see in the bottom-left in the picture above, they're sweet, but not overly and still rather pleasant. And as for dinner, it's a la carte. I tried the vegetable wadas (aka vadai/vada) and they were yums. 


Indian food ftw!

my friend shows his affection for this vintage (is it old enough to qualify?) camera by calling it his laopo. but I shall not make fun of him any further because he was nice enough to let me try it and it was just so cool to see the aperture ring moving in the viewfinder!


teeny checking the vintage cam out

Anyway, I've come to observe/realize that my friends sometimes hold my camera more than me when I bring it out. Everyone loves "little red" like it's their own toy so I'm really hoping that they wouldn't mind me posting pictures that they've taken using my camera; ownership of pictures does get a little blurry here sometimes, so just drop me a text if you want me to take anything down okay.

And you might/might not have seen these pictures that I've posted on Facebook, but I think I'm just going to leave what I have to say about my practicum this time round in another entry because it's late and I have tutoring later!



 
Yes, I know my pupils are sweet.

No comments:

It was during one of those conversations where we were disagreeing again with each other's views that I got a clearer understanding of ...