Saturday, August 28, 2010

Joo Chiat - Fei Fei Wanton Mee & Chezcake Bistro

Dropped by Joo Chiat to have dinner with some of the ktowy guys and girls sometime back... and here are some pictures of what we had.

the most unassuming bowl of wanton mee I've seen


before mixing


and after; not so unassuming after all.

There are two coffeeshops, both named Fei Fei (I'm assuming the owners are different), operating in close proximity and we visited the 24-hours branch. They look pretty decent in the pictures but to be honest, it was too dry and wasn't my cup of tea. The texture of the noodles was actually quite nice, but I prefer to have my wanton mees tossed in a savoury dark/light soya and chilli sauce.



Try the other Fei Fei (non 24-hour branch) if you intend to drop by, it might be a little better than what we had at this branch.

And while we were walking to the dessert place, JM pointed out a Peranakan restaurant that is supposedly good to us. I am definitely coming back to check it out; I hope that'll be where I'm going to have my first Peranakan meal and it'll be great.



Settled at the Chezcake Bistro and we ordered a cheesecake each; there's an alcoholic range, and another non-alcoholic one that changes daily. I somewhat liked the alcoholic ones more on that day. Anyhow, this is the cheesecake place that I visited with Mumsy sometime back! Now I know the name of this place.

No comments:

It was during one of those conversations where we were disagreeing again with each other's views that I got a clearer understanding of ...