Thursday, August 26, 2010

this is bad

One.


Last night, I dreamt I faked a marriage with a friend because he/I wanted to get out of a sticky icky situation that he/I were/was caught in. We had to show proof for our marriage and there was an E-marriage certificate (no, these things probably don't exist yet) with our names on it. I have absolutely no idea why the certificate required the names of our schools on it, but it did and the wrong schools were printed. Under my name, Innova Junior College in italics was printed and for my friend, it was RHB (bank that's sponsoring his studies at university). We managed to get out of the situation anyway, because no one really paid attention to what's written under our names and everyone believed the marriage crap. 

Then my friend suggested that he'd resubmit our details again so that the right stuff gets printed on the certificate and we can be married for real. I panicked when he made that suggestion because 1) I really did not want to get married and at the same time, 2) my mind (in dream land) was instantly swarmed with images of another guy friend. I quickly brushed his suggestion off by saying something like "no need for that lah, I think they believe we're a married couple now."


My friend was alright with that, and so I thought that would be the end of things. 


But the dream went on and all of a sudden he was giving me a ride on a scooter to an unknown destination. It wouldn't be that weird if I hadn't felt a warm and fuzzy feeling when we waved our goodbyes, hugged and he called me by an affectionate term. Not knowing what to do, I stood there confused until the scene finally blurred into darkness.


Two.


The stairway leading to the flat was dimly-lit. I paused in my tracks when I heard the giggly voices, simultaneously-landing and light footsteps that reminded me of two children playing Tag. I peered through the metal gate, I wasn't wrong. A little girl. Her hair was up in a ponytail, and she was in a tie-dyed dress. Her ponytail swung in all possible directions when she gave chase; around the coffee table, up the sofa, until she caught up with the little boy. "You're it!" she exclaimed cheerfully. 


I've been invited to dinner but I hadn't realized there was going to be company. I wasn't looking forward to additional company and was almost leaving but it was too late. The little girl looked up, saw me and shouted "There's someone at the door!". My host opened the door and welcomed me into the flat. A delicious smell came from the kitchen. I tried to sniff out what that was... but all I saw was Her doing the cooking. My heart sank.


Zero.


Post-dreams scare me, sometimes. I should really be making better use of my time, but whenever dreams occur, I can't help but think about them quite a bit. Even if they don't really mean a thing. I wish school would start soon.  I want to get busy with assignments and stop wasting my time on these unproductive time lapses. On an entirely separate note, Phuket with G was fun. Pictures soon.

No comments:

It was during one of those conversations where we were disagreeing again with each other's views that I got a clearer understanding of ...