Saturday, November 27, 2010

Jaded.

The last assignment of the semester's finally submitted. I procrastinated (like how I'd predicted), and I paid for it with a night's worth of sweet slumber, a great deal of last-minute rushing and some heart-stopping moments when my darned thumbdrive refused to work. It was horrible; having to down two bottles of chicken essence and a cup of coffee (my tummy felt weird after) just to keep myself awake, and repeatedly go through the incoherent paragraphs that I'd written, keeping my mind in a perpetual boggle. It was so very horrible but I totally deserved it. At times like that, I don't know if I should be marveling at my ability to conjure a superfluous 2,000-word essay in a night or be ashamed that I was only trying to briefly touch on a module that I've raved so much on by merely lumping lexical sets together to make up the word-count. I'd bet your gut's telling you to go with the latter. Mine too.

Guilt was the only thing that filled my mind when my tutor spotted me in the staff corridor during submission this afternoon and said Hi. I've really enjoyed his lessons and I even thought I'd been well-prepared by completing the readings weekly; seems like that's not going to be nearly enough, I'll never be one of the ones to come up with the model answers and I'm truly apologetic if I've been a disappointment.

Despite the horrible post-submission feelings that I'm experiencing right now, I must say that I'm glad to be finally able to focus on exams' revision!


Oh. Lack of a night's worth of sleep results in what you see above; I can sleep just about anywhere as long as there is a resting place for my head. Xinrong snapped this some few weeks back and I think moments later, I was lying on the study bench on my back taking a quick snoozeeeee.

No comments:

It was during one of those conversations where we were disagreeing again with each other's views that I got a clearer understanding of ...