Monday, April 4, 2011

my funny Finnish friend

It doesn't look too funny here, my friend's demand for a thank you for after suggesting that I should get drunk. But trying to imagine his facial expression while making that suggestion sure tickled me a lot and made me feel better instantly. He probably won't see this, but I am still thankful in any way.

Us in a little cafe at Parapat, waiting for the ferry to Lake Toba.

How I will introduce my new friend: "Hi guys, this is Tuomas, the bodyguard for Doris, Yvonne and the lovely me while we were chasing orang utans in Sumatra."
How Tuomas would put it: "Hey, this is AJ, one of my three wives/servants/slaves who came with me to Indonesia!"

For lack of a more standard English equivalent description, although he is always talking cock, whatever he says is usually sibei funny and I really don't know where he gets all his ideas from lah. Glad to know such a funny guy like him.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

havent heard and spoken to u for i-dont-know-how-long. school's been terribly busy and stressful! i hope things are going fine over ur side! study hard now ok. so that u can be my 24/4(cus only 4 days) tour guide when i'm over at HK! :)
qiqi.

aj said...

i only have one last lesson, 1 more essay and 1 more unit plan to go. please hang in there with the girls, and i'm looking forward to seeing you really really soon! <3

It was during one of those conversations where we were disagreeing again with each other's views that I got a clearer understanding of ...