Monday, February 6, 2012

十五暝

今天是元宵节,你吃汤圆了没有?

We had our annual CNY gathering at JM's place some 2 weeks back, a night before he took off to Eindhoven for his exchange programme. We had a very filling steamboat dinner with his family and a rather fulfilling (at least for me lah) gambling and drinking session after. 

#1 Ah Ong, the gambler.

#2 JM, the designer.

#3 ZL, the accountant-to-be.
btw, look at the enormous cards in her hands! 

#4 Boss, the Chemistry/Maths teacher

#5 Drinking game where JM was really unlucky lol

#6 Happy birthday Ah Ong! Congratulations on completing your FYP!

#7 We were kinda high by this time of the night.

#8 See what Kahlua and beer does to Boss...

#9 I hope he's enjoying the cold weather on the other side of the globe now

#10 I got the kitty frame from Taipei for about S$10, which I thought was quite expensive

#11 Nerdy frames ftw!

#12 The lot this time round minus Ah Ong and RL.

After countless rounds of ban luck and si gi, we went on to mahjong. It'll probably only be 6 months later before we can sit down together with JM again so... absolutely no apologies for keeping him up till 7 next morning.

I seem to be quite lucky in mahjong this year, concluding from the past few rounds I've played #pleasedontletmejinxit

Mumsy read the papers last night and there was a snippet stating that it's possible to make eggs stand on 立春, so we tried doing just that after dinner and... tadah!

#13 Number grid courtesy of my 4D-crazy dad; 7859, good stuff must share :p

speaking of which... Mumsy, Dad and YF won some money (3 + 1) for the $10 miliion draw a few nights ago. I must have been out when the god of fortune decide to pay us a visit :( 


Anyway, I just hope that it'll be a great dragon year ahead for everyone! Let's huat together :)

No comments:

It was during one of those conversations where we were disagreeing again with each other's views that I got a clearer understanding of ...