Monday, May 21, 2012

pity

"If you let it go, it’s not meant to be."

These words continue to ring in my head after Siao shared them with me during our TP days. In fact, they’ve been ringing more loudly than before as of late.

It’s not often in life that you come across people (not for me anyway) whom you get along with such perfect congeniality; similar dispositions towards life, tastes in hobbies, and even mutual attitudes. It's always with great pleasure that I welcome such people into my life.

I can't remember the last time I felt this way (close friends will attest otherwise) about anyone; mainly the sheer excitement displayed on my face and in my speech at mere possibilities of things that could/might be. But then again, I am reminded that many things can get me excited quite easily. 

Things don't always turn out the way we would like them to in life; we can envision things to be as beautiful as we want them to be in our minds but fairytales are not called fantasies for nothing. I used to scoff at those who'd say things like "too bad we didn't meet at the right time/place" when they meet people they really like because it seemed to me that they weren't taking enough initiative. A large part of it probably still holds true, but I learnt now to see that desires and states of mind do in fact affect the 'rightness' of situations.
I hope that doesn't sound like I'm making excuses for myself.

And the pity in the title?
That'd refer to the untimeliness of things and mismatch of wants at the moment.

It'd be helpful to remind myself that nothing really needs to come out of this at the end, just becoming slightly more aware of emotions that I'm capable of feeling is not such a bad thing after all.

And yes, don't be afraid of letting go too!

No comments:

It was during one of those conversations where we were disagreeing again with each other's views that I got a clearer understanding of ...