Tuesday, August 14, 2012

impromptu lunch date

Lunch: stir-fry pumpkin with dried scallop and mushroom, pan-fried salmon, (pre-boiled) saute cauliflower with oyster sauce. Lotus root soup with some other starchy root, dried dates and pork.

For the most part of my practicum so far, I've been having my lunch in the staff lounge more often than not. Today, I decided to join my colleagues for lunch in the canteen. I ended up spending half the time in conversation with a little girl whom came up to say Hello at the hawker centre some few nights back, and I learnt so much about her in the very short 15 minutes. I don't know how she always manages to spot me since I haven't taught her at all, but she's always a joy to talk to so I'm not complaining. 
Even if she's telling me what's yummy in my lunch box and what's not hur hur.

I got more than what I'd expected during lunch today. 
Maybe I should try to do this more often and get to know my other students better too.

No comments:

It was during one of those conversations where we were disagreeing again with each other's views that I got a clearer understanding of ...