Monday, August 13, 2012

brow job

Mumsy renewed her facial package with them and the lady boss offered to do my brows for free so... I got a free brow job!

Before

My brows have always been quite undefined and sparse, and I am far from fastidious in keeping them trimmed and neat most of the time. I would get them trimmed once in a couple of months, and the tips will look really untidy just before I get down to the trimming; and I can't shape them for nuts! When I stayed in hostel with Jenny, I begged her to trim my brows for me all the time and I was really lucky that she would obliged every time so sweetly! I didn't have the best pair of tweezers though, not until a much later part so she had to make do with a mismatched pair :x

At the beauty salon, looking really silly with Santa Claus-ish brows

After putting some numbing cream, the assistant put some cling wrap (yes, cling wrap) over my brows to let it settle for 15 minutes or so. The entire embroidery experience wasn't too much of a pain until the last part, the effects of the numbing cream must have worn off or something; my hair kinda stood each time the blade penetrated my skin, not from the pain though, more from the sensation of having your skin cut by a blade. Did not really help that the lady boss wasn't the most gentle person around - at some point in time, it somehow felt like she was trying to suffocate my eyeballs when she repeatedly pressed really hard on them. I was just glad when the entire ordeal was over.
Anyway, I shall keep my rants to a minimal since it was free. So yeap, no more complaints.

It was sore and very red on the first day, but thankfully, it went down just as quickly within the next couple of days. There wasn't too much scabbing since I'd been diligently applying some moisturizing cream over the wound after my daily showers. 

After 1

After 2

Mumsy thought that I looked really intimidating the first 2 days after the process and couldn't help but laugh out really loud whenever she looked at my new brows. And thankfully, the unnaturally deep and dark brown faded to a lighter shade of brown that looks much more natural. 
I'm quite happy with what I have now.

Yes to the end of fussing over daily eyebrow-shaping!
All I need now is just a razor to do the job every 2 weeks or so.

No comments:

It was during one of those conversations where we were disagreeing again with each other's views that I got a clearer understanding of ...