Thursday, April 11, 2013

Achievement unlocked

It took me a little longer than I expected, but for the first time evar,
I made a student cry in class some 2 days back.
You cannot even imagine how furious I was after learning that
one of my kids forgot to bring the work (again) that
he was supposed to have handed in 2 days ago and
blatantly lied that he's already submitted it. 

I felt slightly guilty when I saw him tear but honestly,
he deserved it more than less for trying to lie his way through
and thinking he'd be able to get away with it.

Personally, this would be classified as an achievement unlocked. 
I'm making good progress in becoming The Terrifying Teacher.
Way to go, AJ.

No comments:

It was during one of those conversations where we were disagreeing again with each other's views that I got a clearer understanding of ...