Wednesday, October 27, 2010

You know what you gotta do when life gets you down?

Ditzy Dory:
Just keep swimming
Just keep swimming
Just keep swimming swimming swimming
What do we do we swim swim swim
Oh ho ho how I love to swim
When you want to swim you want to swim

That's a red-eared slider (terrapin) that I saw at Sungei Buloh Nature Reserve the other day. I learnt that it's a non-native invasive species that's actually chasing away the local species of terrapins by competing with them for food (and other whatnots); so it's not such a great idea to buy these cute little fellows from petshops when they're cute and tiny only to release them when they've grown much bigger (and are not so cute anymore) into public ponds anymore. If only I'd known back then...

2 comments:

shir said...

that's such a cute photo!

aj said...

glad you think so!

It was during one of those conversations where we were disagreeing again with each other's views that I got a clearer understanding of ...