Saturday, January 8, 2011

bits and pieces

Pictures first. 

In the most random order of occurrence...

a super cute heart cushion that I got from Ikea at Shatin (沙田) two days ago for less than S$10; I think it was around S$6-7. Nice right!

In Gladys' beanie during the first few days of school; they do an awesome job at keeping your ears warm.

Fruitips candy that I first learnt of from Xuanie in Singapore, chewing on one right now!

My awesome hottie. I used to use these on my tummy whenever I suffered from the monthly cramps but I'm using it here everyday. This particular one doesn't require any refilling of hot water, just 15 minutes of recharging; great for a lazy ass like me who doesn't like to walk 10 steps to the pantry.



Huge glasses of Hoegaarden at Ah Fatt's in Tsim Sha Tsui East; the place with the floor full of peanut shells and we used to passed by every night on the way back to our hotel last year when we were here! 92hkd for 2 large beers and a basket-full of peanuts, very reasonable.
  
KH pointed out the dynamics of order chits in HK (and it's not just limited to order chits la)- simplification is the way to go!

"冬OT" stands for 凍檸 and "O勿" stands for ""

Each of the three words at the bottom of the 2nd and 3rd boxes represent one ingredient each. 
My order's in the last box, and I had 豬軟骨 (pork with soft bones), 豬 (pig's tongue) and 腐 (fu zhouk, is that bean curd skin?). 

I was in awe of all that simplification for the first 10 minutes or so; sua ku to the max I know.

Order that came not too long after; the best thing to have on a cold, cold night is a bowl of piping hot noodles.With an awesome friend, no less.

Can you spot Teeny? 
I placed him in a bowl (from Ikea) with some apples. There's a little blur on the left, but I still think this is kinda cute.

My second week in HK's nearly over now, and to my dear friends who are constantly worried if I'm settling in nicely, I'm adapting pretty well! I don't know a lot of people here, so I'm always asking to hang out with people (I hope they don't mind!). It's cold here, and the weather's really nice for sleeping in (all day), but I just can't make myself stay in my room all day long. So... I'm heading out in just a bit again! Hope all's well back in Singapore!

No comments:

It was during one of those conversations where we were disagreeing again with each other's views that I got a clearer understanding of ...