Friday, January 21, 2011

Things I don't understand

#1. I don't understand, why are people so reluctant to accept change; even if the changes are merely just a (temporary) permanent fixture of their lives and they'll even come up with ways to go around them.

#2. I don't understand, why people sign up for things that they end up complaining about, most of the time anyway. Do they really like to whine so much?

#3. I don't understand, why are we so self-centred; anything happening that is not to our advantage automatically renders the situation/person/subject-matter inefficient/stupid/sucky/etc - have we considered the factors that influence these happenings?

#4. I don't understand, why do we like to compare? And why is it that with most comparisons, we like to give ourselves much more credit than we actually deserve? What happened to being humble?

#5. I don't understand, why do we go into a language-specific learning class, and start translating whatever phrases that are given to us into another language when it doesn't really help in the learning of the afore-mentioned language.

#6. I don't understand, are smiles and silly but harmless gestures meant to be greeted with unfriendly glares?

#7. I don't understand, why do people like to use the words 'weird' and 'strange' instead of 'different'? Am I the only one who thinks there's a negative connotation to the former two?

#8. I don't understand, why do some people like to restrict or authorize the entry of new members into their cliques.

#9. I don't understand, why do people say one thing and mean another?

#10. I don't understand, does replying someone online depend on how much you like the person? Why do we wait for a reply for the longest time but nope, the other party's not even typing.

#11. I don't understand, why do people expect others to understand how they're feeling when they've yet to even try understanding others.

#12. I don't understand, why do people in love forget about their friends.

#13. I don't understand, why are people so judgmental? That said, I'm probably one of the most judgmental persons around because it takes a judgmental person to identify another one and I've identified a great deal of them around me.

#14. I don't understand, why can't some people just admit their mistakes or admit that they don't have the answer to a question? Why do other people who understand the concept of 'saving face' have to come up with ways to help 'save' another's face by dumbing down or pretending that you're totally clueless when you're not?


I feel so sad when I think about the answers to some of my questions; heading off to bed now, and I hope I'll stop thinking about these when I wake up later.

ps; maybe i can do a "things I understand" post for the next entry.

No comments:

It was during one of those conversations where we were disagreeing again with each other's views that I got a clearer understanding of ...