Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Taiwan, baby!

It's close to 5 a.m. now; I'm typing away safely on my (friend's) lappy on my bed and listening to the snores of my uncle room-mate - I've only just met his silhouette when he decided to take a pee half an hour ago.


This, my friends, has got to be one of the worst-planned trips that I've ever embarked on. 


My luggage was packed only 3 hours before I arrived at the airport, I did no trip planning prior to boarding the plane because I was too busy rushing to meet the deadline for my final assignment for exchange (no excuses for my lousy prioritization, I really suck) and I didn't even remember to take down the address of the hostel where I'm supposed to stay at for the next two nights. And I was so tired from the lack of sleep last night that I came back to the hostel at 6 p.m. to take a short nap (that lasted for more than 5 hours -_-) when I should have been out exploring some exciting night markets.


And yet, despite my ill-preparedness for the trip, I've got to say that all's well so far, all thanks to the people I've met so far in Taipei. The people here are sooooooo nice that I think you can actually get away with murder - heh, bad analogy but you get my drift. I actually felt guilty when I thought about how I should have taken a more active approach in the trip planning. But holidays are not for moping, and I'm sure the friendly folks will understand and not hold that against me. Besides, I did plenty of reading up earlier so it must have made up for my lack of preparedness.


Time to sleep so that I can get on with my exploring later! :)


On a side note, I really like to hear the people speaking here; they all sound so down to earth and it makes me really happy to be here in Taiwan!

No comments:

It was during one of those conversations where we were disagreeing again with each other's views that I got a clearer understanding of ...