Tuesday, May 31, 2011

4

pre-Taiwan-flight on 11th May

A quick look at the calendar reminds me that I have 4 more days in Hong Kong. 

The past few days have been spent trying to get things sorted out; e.g. getting my luggage packed so that I won't fumble like mad on my second last day (on a side note, I think I need a new wardrobe when I get back), visiting Kowloon and HK Island quite a bit to buy stuff that friends've requested me to and some last-minute shopping, arranging for last-minute meet-ups and dealing with rejection (because you know, last-minute events don't usually work out too well), talking to the hall's security guards and our level's cleaner lady and wishing them well, re-packing my luggage so that I can better deal with excess baggage at the check-in counter, etc etc.

Basically, quite a bit of tying up loose ends. 

not tissue paper lah Uncle David!

Met KH at Ah Fatt's one last time today, and Elaine joined us slightly later. KH noted that I used the term 回来 (i.e. return) to describe my future trips to Hong Kong, and thought it was quite funny that I already feel a sense of belonging here. I'm not too sure about a complete sense of belonging but, I'll definitely come back to visit some of my HK friends soon!

with Elaine, we met at a party of KH's friend on New Year's Eve last December.

I tried to think of some HK specialties that I've yet to try over beer but my mind was a blank. Apart from THE KIMBERLY PIG, there's really not much else that I'm dying to eat (i.e. I've sort of satisfied most of my food cravings here in HK). 


We bought one lottery slip each, just for fun, and mine's right up here. There will be a draw tomorrow night so... let's keep fingers crossed! :p


ps. meeting Audrey at 8am to yum cha at 蓮香樓 later and it's already 3am now. I hope both of us will make it out of bed later... 

No comments:

It was during one of those conversations where we were disagreeing again with each other's views that I got a clearer understanding of ...