Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Re-Prioritising

Less than 10 entries for the whole of 2013 so far and nothing without so little of a mention of work in (nearly) every single one of them. I used to scoff at people who had problems with their work-life balance but look at who's the one being laughed at now.

It's the continual assessment week right now and that could be the reason why I seem to be having slightly more time on hand for now.

It's been nothing less than awfully quiet in this little online space for the past few months. Thank god my 'offline life' has been much more exciting. Phew.

Saw some of the most amazing underwater sights and creatures up close while blowing bubbles in Moalboal back during the June holidays; definitely significant enough to have hit some kind of milestone in my personal scuba journey.

Breath-stopping to see such a large school/ball of sardines swarming towards me.
The sheer enormity and their wonderful synchrony truly blew me away.

Thanks to Bun's awesome recommendation, ST and I made our ways down to look at this little large fella and his group of friends. I guess I'll remember the experience of being flicked absent-mindedly by his/her tail for a long time to come; it was one of alarm, followed by relief, and finally amusement.

And this pair of mating Mandarins!
Didn't have a clue what I was looking at until I snapped a shot and saw the beautiful colours appear on my camera screen. They are probably smaller than half my palm and were darting into safety of the staghorn corals so quickly whenever the flash came up. Very comical and funny experience.


Apart from the awesome dive trip with ST, I also managed to squeeze in a 2D1N trip to Malacca over the long National Day weekend with the girls. In retrospect, I simply find it hard to believe we'd spent such crazy durations queueing for nearly everything; from entry into JB, to chendol and laksa, and a satay steamboat. 3 hours (or was it 3.5?) just to get a table at the famous satay celup place. Woah. You know they say there's always a first for everything... I believe that's also the last time I'm going to be heading to Malacca during their national holidays. All of us learnt that it's truly a terrible time to visit Malaysia (via land transport) during the Raya holidays. Mad queues aside, I had a good time catching up with our little 'support group'. And to be honest, most of the food that we queued up for were really well worth the ringgit. The only exception was the Peranankan cafe just beside the Peranakan museum around Jonker; I'm not that fussy when it comes to food but that's honestly a place I don't think I'd ever want to go back to; for dining at least.

And voila! That's just a glimpse of my 'offline life'.

I'm feeling slightly accomplished that I'm able to touch a little on my social life instead of solely work (again) this time round. clapforself.jpg.

Until the next entry (who knows when will that be), tata and good day.

No comments:

It was during one of those conversations where we were disagreeing again with each other's views that I got a clearer understanding of ...