Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Things I understand.

UPDATE - POINT #5

So, I typed out a long and emo-sounding list about some of the things that I don't understand in life sometime ago. I'll try to come up with a some things that I understand to counter some of that negativity now. 

Here goes!

#1. I understand, that in life, things don't always go the way you want them to; you may not get that A grade for an assignment or a promotion at work even after you've put in your bestest efforts, not every new stranger you meet will become your best friend, and the restaurant may be out of your favourite dish when you're craving for it so badly, your parents aren't exactly fond of your new boyfriend/girlfriend, etc etc BUT hey, you can always learn to deal with them, and mold the outcomes to be in your favour. Screw it when you hear the next person say "lemonade" when someone else says "when life gives you lemons, make..." Go grab some salt and tequila, a few close friends and have a party instead.

#2. I understand, that people have different views for just about anything and that while I feel strongly about something, I should never come across as trying to impose my ideas on people who don't share my points of view. Everyone is entitled to his or her own opinions, and as they always say, to each his own.

#3. I understand, that while we may have been taught since young about what's right or wrong in the society (and by the society), I have come to realize that the world is not always divided between black and white. Sometimes, you just cannot point a finger at someone and deem him/her as a bad/good person because you (dis)/agree with the thing(s) that they've done, or just because you have a different set of values.

#4. I understand, that I will be saying this for the upteemth time, but please don't mind me for counting my blessings once more, I am very lucky and fortunate indeed to have been born to my parents who raised me up so nicely *ahem*, gave me a wonderful brother, and to be surrounded by such awesome friends who always give the greatest support as I live my life out and try to enjoy it as much possible.

#5. I understand, that I am not exactly the most popular person in school, or anywhere else for that matter, and I understand that my ideas and strains of thought are not exactly mainstream. But that's okay, because I don't expect anyone to agree with me, and I'm not going to care anymore about what everyone else think of me because the ones who care enough will accept the things that make me me!

<3

No comments:

It was during one of those conversations where we were disagreeing again with each other's views that I got a clearer understanding of ...