Tuesday, November 8, 2011

I've been made to believe that I'm effectively bilingual since the secondary school days; my principal insisted we all were.

However, the bilingual module that I've been taking this semester has made me re-look at what defines an effective bilingual, and made me realize that I'm not so much of the competent bilingual that I've always thought I was.

I may have used to be slightly better back in the early 2000s, but I've now lost whatever language mojo I had back there :(

I want it back.

After this semester ends in a few weeks' time, I'm going to pick up some Chinese materials (books, magazines, newspapers, whatever) and read away!

No comments:

It was during one of those conversations where we were disagreeing again with each other's views that I got a clearer understanding of ...