Sunday, September 14, 2008

The day in a few paragraphs

It felt so good when I finally got out of the bay today; my 4th attempt! I'm thankful for the light wind conditions as it kinda provided a good learning opportunity for all beginners. The seniors were extremely helpful in every possible way, and that made me feel pretty much welcomed.

Visited Brazil Churrascaria at Sixth Avenue with Doug today. It's definitely THE place for all meat lovers; think servers (called Passadors here) walking around with skewers of different cuts of meat to slice onto your plates, rephrasing Doug's words, "they walk around with the mindset that no plate should be left empty". "This is good", one of the Passadors kindly offered me some topside beef after I decided that no more meat for me, how could I say no to such a friendly guy.

Must-tries include the chicken heart, beef topside, tenderloin, lamb, pork ribs, deep fried mushrooms, chicken thigh and not forgetting the sugar-roasted pineapple. There's also a salad bar with a pretty extensive selection.

All in all, it was a rather enjoyable dinner. Good food, great service, (not-too) affordable price though!

No comments:

It was during one of those conversations where we were disagreeing again with each other's views that I got a clearer understanding of ...