Friday, January 8, 2010

2010; what I want it to be

A year where everyone will be healthy, happy and safe.

I haven't exactly had the best start to this new year; diarrhea on 1st of January, had two toes run over by the trolley-rack used to move windsurf boards around (I think this is my karma for running the car over Kwunhok's foot last year :[ sorry KH ), discovered some really nasty secrets (and realized that I have been a scum unknowingly for god-knows-how-long), one large ulcer, bit on my tongue really hard twice at the new year barbecue at PA, horrible parallel parking at Serangoon Gardens earlier on... and the list... sort of stops here.

Come to think about it, mine might not be one of the worst starts after all; nope, actually, I don't think it even qualifies as bad. I'm definitely whining again. After all, I had the most sumptuous barbecue at PA to kick-start the year; awesome wings, Old Man Richard's chilli-dark-sauce-marinated cockles, my sausages, Isabelle's yummy potato salad, Samuel's banana... walnut cake, and the list goes on and on. There was so much food around and can you remember what were you doing when the clock struck 12 midnight on New Year's Day? I was biting into a cuttlefish ball (yums) and trying to shake someone's hands at the same time lol. 跨年都在吃!

Not so bad after all eh? I will stop whining about the year didn't start off too smoothly, and make it a good year anyhow.


In 2010,
I want to go back to salsa dancing! Now that the school's timetable's more or less settled, I can finally go book more lessons at JJ's.

In 2010,
I want to be less judgmental (note: there's a difference between being judgmental and being critical).

In 2010,
I will work hard! And I'm really keeping fingers crossed about signing up for baking classes at community centres, or learning something new.

In 2010,
I will be a lady and try to look and dress the part.

In 2010,
I want to travel to a few more new places!

In 2010,
I want my student to do well and I will help him do well.

In 2010,
I want to stop minding what people think about me too much.

In 2010,
I will not make the same mistakes that I've made in 2009.

In 2010,
I will not make people sad.

In 2010,
I will be happy.

In 2010,
I will be me.

No comments:

It was during one of those conversations where we were disagreeing again with each other's views that I got a clearer understanding of ...