Sunday, January 31, 2010

Automatic guilt

Photobucket

I received a call this afternoon, while driving to ECP for training. What the caller had to say disturbed me a little, and I couldn't keep my eyes on the road because I was far too busy feeling guilty about some issues. Filtered my way out of the outermost lane, and continued to listen to the caller and feel guilty at the same time. Oh, and I thought about what it'd be like too if I were to get into a crash there and then.

Truth be told, I saw no reason for me to be feeling guilty since I wasn't exactly involved in deciding how things were supposed to end up. I've always believed that everyone has the power to choose and prioritize what's important in their lives; and since you decided that this was not your priority not too long ago, we can't really be blamed for wanting the best for everyone, right?

I hate it when I start feeling guilty because of what people say even when I've not done anything wrong, and I realized, that happens whenever people start painting pitiful stories (be it real or not) that by no means, are results of my doing. The best solution I can think of to deal with this in future, if it's ever going to happen again, is to appear sympathetic but, think to myself "Thank you for your story" to whoever that tries to send me on guilt trips again.

Don't be like me. Stop guilt-tripping today!


ps. yf found the source of the never-ending line of ants that have been crawling about my room for the longest time ever; their 'nest', or whatever you call it, is in one of the cracks found my bedroom door.

No comments:

It was during one of those conversations where we were disagreeing again with each other's views that I got a clearer understanding of ...