Thursday, January 7, 2010

Maca...wrongs.

Following our horrible first attempt at making French Macaroons at Bun's place sometime back, I tried to bake another batch 2 days ago.

PhotobucketPhotobucket

PhotobucketPhotobucket

PhotobucketPhotobucket

Photobucket

Conclusion: Another failed attempt. The shells were too airy and weren't able to harden. It makes use of the simplest ingredients; just egg-whites, sugar, and almond powder but the techniques involved are so tricky! I followed the recipe really closely and did just what the recipe asked for; nope, it didn't work. Went online to check again and realized I forgot to let the piped shells settle for at least 30 minutes before sending them into the oven. I ate a number of these 'failed shells', and interestingly, while they don't look the part, they somehow tasted the part; there was the chewy consistency.

Ah well, I have enough ingredients to try a second time before the school starts.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

you make me feel like trying to bake the macaroons again. but i highly think i'll fail. Lol!

aj said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
geraldine said...

Lol! Good luck! remember to share when u succeed! ;)

It was during one of those conversations where we were disagreeing again with each other's views that I got a clearer understanding of ...