Sunday, May 23, 2010

Come fly with me.

I love taking in all the beautiful sights from way up in the sky. 


Dubai.

In a matter of minutes, the aerial views undergo great transformations. Urbanization one minute and the next, you'll see vast areas of natural landscapes.


somewhere over the Middle East.

When there are such awesome natural landscapes, I can't help but start wondering to myself silly things like "Would I be able to spot a hiker waving to me from down below?", answer myself "Probably not, he/she'll be really tiny from way up here", and then ask myself another silly question "What if he/she wore a bright red jacket?" 

My mind's probably not meant for the greater things. Hur.
   
somewhere over the Middle East again; but with traces of human activity.

No idea where this is, but I'm guessing it's still the Middle East. A little fogging in the top left hand corner.

Anyway, I'm really thankful for all the window seats that I've been assigned to.

This is still Dubai, can you believe it? 

And on this flight, I was extremely thankful that London Heathrow airport's not closed due to the volcanic ash interruption.

Dear all, we're somewhere right above England now.

I spotted Buckingham Palace as we were nearing the airport, and the London Eye looked like a tiny toy wheel from up in the air.

Bright yellow fields of I-have-no-idea-what.

Okay that's the end of the aerial pictures I have - I just realized there are dust spots in the same places on my pictures (I hope they're just on the lens and not the sensor), hope you guys like them anyway! Love.

Come fly with me, let's float down to Peru.
We'll just glide, starry-eyed.
Once I get you up there I'll be holding you so near
You may hear angels cheer 'cause we're together.
Come fly with me, let's take off in the blue.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love the views from your plane! Love the last third pic! :D

-gera

It was during one of those conversations where we were disagreeing again with each other's views that I got a clearer understanding of ...