Sunday, May 9, 2010

This is why I'm fat













I've been eating and living like a queen for the past 10 days; all the food shown in the pictures above make up less than half of what I've been having for my yummy meals. Two servings here make one in Singapore; my relatives are pretty amazed that I can eat so much. The locals here are more liberal in their seasoning of food, especially hawker food; I hope I won't go back to Singapore to find our hawker food tasteless and bland.

We had an early Mother's Day celebration today; with an awesome Korean BBQ lunch for all 25 (closer) relatives here in Penang (8 mothers, plus the respective family members), and another awesome zhi char seafood dinner for the 25 of us again, 5 hours later. There was so much food to go around! I'm not a big fan of family gatherings (since I'm not exactly the most sociable person around), but make that a once-in-two-years kinda event, and you'll see me laughing and teasing my younger cousins. It's quite fun actually :)

No comments:

It was during one of those conversations where we were disagreeing again with each other's views that I got a clearer understanding of ...