Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Hang on little tomato.

It's my 11th day here in England now, 6th night since we left Portsmouth for our little backpacking trip (okay to be honest, we haven't really been 'roughing it out' in hostels and all that much, just a night!); my lips are no longer peeling like how they did the first few days I arrived, I'm using far lesser of the chapstick today as compared to a few days back, but slapping on much more moisturizer though, it gets a little windy at times and it makes my skin really dry. Starting to get better acquainted with the spring temperatures too; though at times I'd wish I could turn off the air-con when it got a little cold... just before I realize there's no such switch, it's the street temperatures we're talking about! Brr.

Spending my first night in Keswick (say kehzik) tonight; it's another busy little town here in Lake District, and the owners of this little house that we're staying in are really lovely people. Actually, I guess we've both been lucky so far; all the people we came to meet were nothing short of friendly (I'm actually quite afraid that won't be the case when we're in Europe).

We'll be heading to Derwentwater later on, once we're done with sleep and I'm done with massaging my feet (they hurt terribly; I don't remember ever having to do so much walking all my life). Okay I shall quit being a whiney bitch because I'm really happy to be here in fact.


ps: the title's of the song that I'm listening to right now. I love Pink Martini so much!
pps: I do miss you guys and I hope everyone's having fun wherever you are right now. Love!

No comments:

It was during one of those conversations where we were disagreeing again with each other's views that I got a clearer understanding of ...