Tuesday, September 7, 2010

First day of the semester

I got my lecture timing mixed up and ended up 30 minutes late; thankfully the lecturer didn't seem to take it too seriously and was understanding enough. This reminds me of why I like the English lecturers (most of them anyway) so much - they are humorous, do not talk to us in condescending tones and they treat us (students) like the young/old adults we are... oh, and attendance-taking sessions are not threatening (unlike... *cough* Science last sem *cough*). Have I mentioned humorous? By humorous, I don't just mean coming up with jokes and making people laugh but the ability to also laugh at themselves.

Really happy to meet all the friends whom I've been missing during the holidays too. Glad that everyone's been well; and I was pleasantly surprised to see changes in some of their appearances, etc! Karen was really sweet to have gotten us notes even though we weren't doing the same module, and the girls..!


ps. First attempt to watch a 3D movie failed due to the cinema's technicality issues. Oh well...
pps. Need to get a suitable coin box for G to 'dong' $$ into :p

No comments:

It was during one of those conversations where we were disagreeing again with each other's views that I got a clearer understanding of ...