Saturday, September 4, 2010

this is bad (ii) + some food pictures from penang + a rainbow cake!

I can't believe I'm having dreams of the same people time and time again. I find it annoying that it's always about the same insignificant issues in life. I suppose you guys are sick of hearing me go on about my dreams again so... no more. Zilch.

Onto some other bad-but-in-a-good-way things, I got back from Penang a day later than scheduled due to some last-minute rescheduling by Tiger Airways last night. While in Penang, my aunt's (actually all my relatives) been more than eager to bring me around the island to try the different hawker delicacies; curry mee in particular. I've been trying to control my food intake whenever I visit these days, and I think I am doing much better than before; every Penang trip is a get-fat-trip (for me, at least). Anyway, here's some of what I've been eating for the past 3 days!

hokkien mee; pulau tikus

banana pancake at pulau tikus; chewy and slightly burnt yum

sio bak and char siew at Sky Hotel along Chulia Street; big yum!

yao choi from the same place as above; choy sum boiled in water before oil/meat juices from the roasted meats are added to it and stirred. 

chendol that was not very awesome; some place opposite Komtar

not-so-awesome ais kachang; also from opposite Komtar

Oh, and I tried Nyonya food for the first time in my life on this trip too! The dishes that we ordered were mostly spicy, but I really enjoyed the meal. I wonder if the Nyonya food here in Singapore are going to be as spicy...

Oh and almost immediately after I touched down at the budget terminal and came home for a quick shower, I met up with the primary school clique to have a belated birthday dinner with Siaos! This time round, Siaos requested for the XLB Steamboat buffet at Holland Village. We were there for the third seating (10.30 pm -12.30 am if I'm not wrong), and I realized there's a price difference in all three seatings. Free-flow yummay XLBs and fresh prawns made a wonderful dinner.

Wii-ed at Carpenter Street after and we sang the birthday songs there too. Aileng made an awesome rainbow cake for her (brought it to The Icing Room for decoration though), and everyone was just so amazed by the colours and how she managed to do it so nicely. 

cake: courtesy of Aileng.

belated birthday girl with a slice of a rainbow (cake)

brilliant, brilliant colours.

Happy 22nd lub! Be happy always.

Oh... And before I end this entry, look at what I did to my wall! 

No comments:

It was during one of those conversations where we were disagreeing again with each other's views that I got a clearer understanding of ...