Tuesday, March 29, 2011

quickie!

Only typing this because I am afraid that I will forget about the wonderful things that happened to me in the past weekend (in spite of me spoiling my lappy).

Audrey (sorry not talking about you, Qiqi) invited us (Doris, Yvonne and me!) to a field trip for one of her environment-related modules to Tai O, 大澳 (a.k.a. Venice of Hong Kong) on Friday and we spotted a few white dolphins along the way! We had a great afternoon on the island too and it was simply awesome much.
Last tango lesson on Saturday at Sheung Wan; I can barely remember the moves that we've learnt in all four lessons, but still, I enjoyed learning the dance tremendously. And I am so glad that Audrey (not you again Qiqi, sorry) and Doris decided to join me in signing up about a month back. Hopefully, we'll be able to go for one or two more practicas again before Doris leaves HK.

Tango afternoon was followed by salsa night; it's been so long since we last danced salsa so it was great. I will always be grateful that Mumsy sent my dancing heels over despite grumbling about how troublesome I am. Hehe. Didn't stay too long so I only managed to get asked for 5 dances so I seriously hope we'll be able to visit the place again soon :)

Did the Peak trail with a friend after salsa and it was also great! I think I have a much clearer idea about the types of houses that the rich in Hong Kong live in now, the inconveniences and trade-offs of living at a such prestigious height with a gorgeous night view... My friend gave me a very detailed summary of the important buildings that can be seen from the peak (now I can only hope I remember them) and geographical information about HK Island and Kowloon from as far as our eyes could reach (and the fog allowed).

Been to my first rowing competition (as a spectator) on Sunday and it was a real eye-opener for me. I salute all the rowers who braved the cold winds and waters to compete; I will never even think about taking my clothes off, much less getting into the water when it's 14 degrees celcius cold. Brrr!

Watched Ian Wright on television Sunday night and chuckled an hour away; he was filming in India and was learning the ropes to 'enter Bollywood'.

And finally, a laptop replacement from a friend. I can stay within the warmth and comfort of my room now instead of having to go through the coldness in the hall's computer lab! Can't express enough gratitude to my friend!

So yes, all in all, very great weekend indeed!

KH's back from Beijing; that is great news too. I hope he recovers quickly and then we can go for some nice food together again soon!

No comments:

It was during one of those conversations where we were disagreeing again with each other's views that I got a clearer understanding of ...