Saturday, September 10, 2011

It's okay to stay up late!


After the much-dreaded 6.30pm tutorial ended, I had a really awesome conversation with one of my classmates on the drive back home. She's a returning teacher who's back to upgrade both her content knowledge and kids' management skills, has two kids, and she shared a great deal about teaching and life in general with me. I found out how nice it is to talk to people who share the same views as you do; for once, someone didn't think I am kidding when I say that I honestly love coming to school and that I love learning, or at least give me a look that says they're thinking "yeah right" inside their minds.

We talked about a wide range of topics and I somehow mentioned that I wanted to be less of a night owl. Her reply was kind of unexpected; she said it's alright since I am being productive at these ungodly hours, and that she's becoming one too, after adopting a kitten a few months back; having the kitty for company past midnight. I can't express how reassured I felt, knowing that I am not the only crazy person staying up so late; but it was like - phwarrrrmazing. 

Very thankful for a wonderful new friend.

No comments:

It was during one of those conversations where we were disagreeing again with each other's views that I got a clearer understanding of ...