Monday, September 5, 2011

Picking myself up.

 Windsurfing's been pretty demoralizing ever since I got back from the travelling. I can't remember if I'd took so much effort to deal with my sail prior to exchange but it's so fucking tiring to get it out of the water these days. Everyone's been really nice about it, telling me that it's only cause' I haven't been sailing much recently and the wind's really strong for the past few times that I've been down but, deep down, I know those are just really lousy excuses for my poor performance and it only makes me feel much worse.

I confided in Chubs today and asked him to give me a no-nonsense 'prep talk' of sorts to get me going, and that he did - no sarcasm (one of the few rare occasions) and just telling me very plainly what is it that I need to do. I can't help but feel very appreciative of his words, even though he's probably said that a million times to people who felt like giving up windsurfing at one point or other.

It makes me feel terrible from inside out, the constant falling down, struggling with my heavy sail and what-not, but I'm going to do this. Come next week, I'll down-size to a slightly smaller and lighter sail and see if things pick up from there... and I'll probably have to keep telling myself that I can do that!

Okay - end of emo rant.

Time for something light-hearted that's in a more chronological order now.

Caught Horrible Bosses with Jenny and Mat on Monday and Jennifer Aniston's duper hot in it, even though she's already in her forties (seriously, you can't tell too right?). It was funny, but I didn't think it was that good like what so many people said to me.

Celebrated Siao's birthday on 1st September with the primary school clique (the actual day - digressing, Teachers' Day now falls on the first Friday of every month woohoo to long weekends!) by having laksa steamboat at the row of shophouses between Serangoon Central and Kovan.


It was a great catch-up session, as usual, though I can't help but wish that we'd meet up a little more other than for birthday meals. There's just that little selfish part in me that hopes that everyone will be less involved with growing up so that there's more time to do silly things before we have to stop altogether. Anyway, I'm really glad that everyone's doing well now and glad to see all of them again (sans Aileng).


Happy birthday Siaos!

And just yesterday, I visited the national museum with Shiqi and David for some exhibition that I did not really pay much attention to :x It was nice to look at the permanent exhibits again (I really like the Food and Fashion halls), and we also checked out the works of Abbas (an Iranian photojournalist) who had some really powerful black/whites.

Following pictures taken by my new phone, the Galaxy S2 (loving it)! I used the app Pudding Camera but I really don't like how the pictures come out blurry more often than not bleargh, because it's not really doing justice to the 8-megapixel built-in camera.

 
#1 Faceless. One of the twelve faceless figures holding on to strings that are tied to 12 bright-red helium-filled ballons.

#2 Salted egg yolks

#3 Large pebbles

#4 Tok tok bike

#5 Ribbon Tea

#6 Tok tok noodles

#7 Tabao
 
#8 Vintage poster

#9 Same same, but different

#10 Feel it

#11 Remnants of WWII


No more excuses for self from tomorrow onwards.

2 comments:

shir said...

'I can't help but wish that we'd meet up a little more other than for birthday meals'. youre not being selfish, i wish the same too

aj said...

aww shir... hugs

It was during one of those conversations where we were disagreeing again with each other's views that I got a clearer understanding of ...