Tuesday, November 17, 2009

7.

Photobucket

This is not really the best time to blog, but really, is there anyone else who is not sick of revision yet? I've been staying away from Facebook as much as I could, and it went relatively well until Siaos asked me to go check out Doug's new relationship status Saturday evening. I told Mumsy the news next day, and she was like, "Why, you jealous is it?" "Ya, very." She just doesn't understand that I'm happy to spend time on my own, for now at least.

Saturday was packed. I helped out backstage at some kindergarten's concert that was held at Grassroots Club. Backstage, the children's teachers were extremely generous with the stage makeup; the kids' faces were blushing with the most unnatural shade of red as the teachers plied their faces with all sorts of powder, and sprinkled heaps of shimmery glitter onto their heavily-gelled heads. The air was thick with the smell of all their excitement to perform for their parents, and hair-gel.

Got out of the place as soon as all of them got dressed up and made my way down to Waterloo Street for Siao's concert. Finally saw her play after numerous turns by children on the piano in the auditorium. Some of the children were really cute; this little girl read the title of one of the piece as "Tyran...norus Rex" when it should've been "Tyrannosaurus Rex", and another in a duet whispered "Oi... bow ah!" (rather loudly) to her partner when he forgot to do so before they started playing.

Swensens for dessert. I was really happy and smiling a lot as we were eating our Earthquake, just because we are having ice cream. Can't remember the last time I had ice cream!


okay, 14 more hours to the first paper. I'm going for dinner with G now; she's getting impatient while waiting for me to finish typing.

No comments:

It was during one of those conversations where we were disagreeing again with each other's views that I got a clearer understanding of ...