Tuesday, February 23, 2010

friends

Depth of friendship does not depend on length of acquaintance.
-Rabindranath Tagore


Today, I learnt that there are two kinds of friends, or so-called friends that everyone can have. In KFC, no less.

One, people who you are not really close to, but are always asking for favours from you and have nothing to offer in return.
Two, people that you are closer to and mutual favours are asked instead of it being a one-sided thing.

I realized that I've got a lot of both One and Two friends; the Ones always being the Ones, and Twos always being the Twos.
I realized that I've been both a One and Two at different points in time; and it's usually One to one particular group of friends, and Two for another.

Quite importantly (I think), I've also realized that it's nearly impossible for anyone to be a perfect Two all the time.

No comments:

It was during one of those conversations where we were disagreeing again with each other's views that I got a clearer understanding of ...