Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Stupid things I do


Having forgotten to bring a new tube of facial cleanser to hall, I had to borrow G's one day. She made her way into one of the shower cubicles a few moments before I did. I scanned the toilet quickly when I entered and saw that only one cubicle was in use (or so it seemed), so I took the cubicle just beside that; there was also an exchange student brushing her teeth at the sink. After hanging my clothes and towel and placing the rest of my shower barang under the shower-head, I told G loudly that I'll be going over to her cubicle to get her facial cleanser. She asked how was I going to do that so I stuck my hand right up her cubicle door and said "like that la", but she continued to ask how. Thinking that she didn't see my hand, I said that I was already at her door and she just had to look down and pass it to me from under but she insisted that I was not. After a few more seconds of me squatting awkwardly in front of the cubicle (still with my hand there), I finally realized what's going on; I stood up immediately and said "Shit!" kinda loudly to myself. The exchange student laughed, looking at me from the mirror. G let out a laugh and exclaimed "You're at the wrong cubicle!"


The person who was in the cubicle was silent throughout; I think she must have had a fit from suppressing all that laughter.

No comments:

It was during one of those conversations where we were disagreeing again with each other's views that I got a clearer understanding of ...