Friday, April 30, 2010

Let it all begin

This is a recount; please skip if you're not into them tyvm! (:

cuzzie's room

Just spent my first night in Penang and going on to completing the second; woke up extremely early (by my standards, that is) today at 9.45 a.m. and dug into the yummy Hokkien Mee that my uncle got for me for breakfast. Made myself a cup of Kopi-O and exchanged morning greetings with Bingo, the black little Pompom that's been running about in the kitchen.


Helped out with some household chores and I thought it took me quite awhile to get that mopping and wiping done; when I looked at the clock again it was only noon. Spent the next three hours watching movies from the hard-disk (thanks to yf); okay more like fast-forwarding really. There was 10 Things I Hate About You (didn't realize it's such an old movie), America Pie 7 (don't bother at all seriously), Angus, Thongs and Perfect Snogging (first time I actually am aware that I'm watching a British film because of the accent) and Anger Management. Tried to squeeze in as many sets of crunches as I could without breaking out into too much sweat, and also tried hard not to get too teary-eyed when I reached the aww-so-sweet happy endings.


Bingo the pompom.

Cuzzie came back from nursing school at about 4 plus, and drove us to Gurney; lots of girl-talk in between. Paid the full sum for the dslr that she's paid a deposit for, and we made our way down to Gurney Drive for dinner finally. We had lok lok, deep-fried chicken skin and calamari, and laksa to share among the two of us. The dinner fare made me realize I've been missing out on so much good food the past two years I haven't been back to visit.

gurney sunset

Went to get myself a Digi prepaid card after dinner, and now, I officially have a Malaysian number! After all the visits to Malaysia... I'd probably have saved a lot on my phone bills if I got one much earlier. blah.

Drove to Gram's but the lights at her place were out and it was pitch dark through the windows. Thought no one's around but later learnt from my aunt that they're trying to 'save electricity'; apparently there's some internal strife that 'little kids like us' do not need to know going on. I have no idea what's going on but I really hope things get better; I mean, everyone used to get along so well and it was what I looked forward to coming to Penang for in the past.


cuzzie dearest

Gave cuzzie a very simple crash course on her new camera before she drove back to her hostel at the nursing school (they have some "be-back-by-10p.m. rule") and I'm here typing away happily on my lappy. Going to take a quick shower and I'm going to... start planning the UK/Europe itinerary proper!

Happy holidays everyone!

Lub.

No comments:

It was during one of those conversations where we were disagreeing again with each other's views that I got a clearer understanding of ...