Friday, April 6, 2012

surely i can't be the only one doing these...

Bad habits while driving:
(you might have experienced some of them if you had the unfortunate experience of being my passenger at some point in time)

1) Farting freely
It seems like most of my daily farts occur when I'm driving.
 I'd drop stink bombs on myself and then think to myself "wah lau why so smelly one?" sometimes all the time. If I'm alone, I wouldn't wind down the windows but if there are passengers onboard, I'd usually tell them "Hey, I'm going to fart okay!" and wind down the windows quickly. My passengers won't usually say no out of courtesy, but I think they must really be thinking "What's wrong with this girl?" and I'd usually try to convince them that it was an odorless one (who am I kidding).

If my passenger is Ah Hong though, I'd remain silent and give her a funny look after I'm done with the fart. Then she'd go batshit crazy and try to pinch my fats. I'm a terrible daughter, I know.

2) Karaoke session
I hold mini concerts in the car most of the time. Doesn't matter if I go out of tune, or can't hit the high notes, I'd still croak my favourite songs (Amei and Britney ftw!) with much gusto and then give myself a pat on the back for my terrible singing. I think no one does it better than me, on the negative scale of course.

3) Imitating the accents of radio deejays
Of course, I don't end up sounding anything like them.

4) Imitating weird noises/sounds on radio ads
It can be the revving of motor engines, melodies that accompany the ads, clanging of cymbals, tinkling of bells and so on. Sometimes, I 'improvise' and come up with new sounds of my own.

5) Cussing
Fortunately, this only happens when I come across drivers who change lanes dangerously (i.e. without turning on their signal lights), road hogs, or drivers who seem to take the flickering of my left or right signal lights as a sign to step on their accelerator pads.

Unfortunately, it seems to be happening all the time.



Other than these, I think I'm still not that jia lat a driver. Agree? 

No comments:

It was during one of those conversations where we were disagreeing again with each other's views that I got a clearer understanding of ...