Monday, April 30, 2012

things not said on dates

When it so happens that you're not too familiar with a date, you end up paying much more attention to your thoughts. Not that you actually voice all of them.

Here are some recent thoughts...

With someone who's always talking with his mouth full,
"I hope the food's that flying out your mouth wouldn't reach me."

"Wow, you have really long fingers..."

With someone who don't seem to find you too funny,
"Your laugh sounded really fake/forced."

With someone who loves to debate,
"Another challenge? Again?!"

With someone who gets to travel all around for work,
"You've got the coolest job everrrr."

"Please don't refuse to let me pay for my own share and let things get awkward."

With someone who has a compliment or two to give,
"Aww, that's sweet of you."

With someone who bothers dressing up for the right occasion,
"Hey hey hey, nice shirt there!"

When I get too carried away with my my words,
"Shit, was I too vulgar?"

With someone who wouldn't stop talking,
"Is it my turn to talk yet?"

When I don't make my disagreements known,
"Can't you see that I'm smiling and nodding out of courtesy?"
(I really shouldn't be doing this in the first place)



And when things start to get really uncomfortable,
"Help, someone get me out of here please!"


No comments:

It was during one of those conversations where we were disagreeing again with each other's views that I got a clearer understanding of ...