Saturday, October 4, 2008

You think?

You click best with this particular friend,
the distance between the 2 of you gets closer and closer.

You think you've found a really good friend 
who understands you like no one else,
who seems to be there for you all the time,
who made you look at the world with a more open heart.

And before you know,
the 2 of you fall deeply, 
madly in love.

Things get a little dreamy,
everything seems perfect the way they are.

But once both of you reach a bump,
things get more shaky than you can ever imagine.

Mindless arguments over the tiniest detail,
voices raised unnecessarily.

When no one is to take anymore of it,
and no one bothers any longer,
the relationship plunges to its death.

And there, my friend,
you've lost the best friend you once thought you had.


Do you think you still want to risk losing a good friend now?

I am always skeptical when people say they are able to remain good friends with their ex(es). Why? There's always bound to be some form of betrayal or disappointment to be found in failed relationships. I cannot see myself forgiving someone who has probably hurt me emotionally, much less remain as good friends with this same person. With whatever good impression you might have for him/her gone, how will you learn to trust this person who's just broken your heart again?

I wish I'll give more thought on whether I want to risk ruining a friendship and jumping into a relationship so hastily, if I ever have the chance to start from the top again.

No comments:

It was during one of those conversations where we were disagreeing again with each other's views that I got a clearer understanding of ...