Friday, October 10, 2008

Hey botak!






The long awaited day is finally here. 

After few months of wishing people good luck as they enter a new phase in their life (NS!), it's finally Doug's turn. Last night was spent chomping on Haagen Dazs' Macademia Brittle (it's delicious, I tell you), climbing up the high score ladder in Word Challenge, lazing about, and the highlight of the evening's got to be me shaving his head!

I decided to give him a funny hair-do before the final shave. In the second picture you can see he's probably not too pleased with the bangs and bob-do. I named that the Ah Wang hair-do. Ha! Left a small clump at the forehead before finally shaving that off too. Can't really be seen from the pictures but we used a piece of newspaper for the 'cape' thing, but it didn't turn out to be very useful after all.

At the end of the whole session, I've come to conclude that hairdressing is not easy at all. Sure, there were bouts of giggling when tufts of hair were snipped off, but seriously, I didn't know how it was going to turn out most of the time. And even shaving, the seemingly easiest task, don't seem that easy once you land the shaver on the head. There's still the need to check for even-ness, or there'll probably be lots of uneven patches (lol).


ps. I guess the whole NS thing is alright so far. Dropped me a line earlier on, and things seem to be going okay for him. Might be too early to say though, it's only the first day, but let's hope things'll stay that way. I skipped hockey training to spend more time on the last night together; I hope it's a valid enough reason :x

No comments:

It was during one of those conversations where we were disagreeing again with each other's views that I got a clearer understanding of ...