Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Time flies like an arrow, Fruit flies like a banana

We had a mini KT&OWY gathering last night at Lau Pat Sat. WY said that he can still vividly recall the last time we were at Cafe Iguana; that was bout 2 years back and JM just enlisted (with the shaved head and all) and now. The boys will all be out soon. 

I guess we never realize how quickly time creeps us by, until we pause for a short while and look back at everything that's happened.

School's finally coming to an end, with assignment submissions and this week's lecture marking the last for the semester. Strange, the past couple of months seem to be longer than just a few months. 

I can still recall the first few days of school; where I lost my way around (still do, just that I now know exactly where the lecture theatres in NIE are), how I came to conclusion that I've got really interesting lecturers during the few lectures, and anticipated hall life with much trepidation, not knowing if I'd be used to the toilets, having my own space, etc. And I can still remember the day where I decided to visit the CCA fair with RL; and put my name down for every single activity that was interesting to me.

Admist all the buzz, I guess I finally learnt to get comfortable with life in university. Loaded my room with all sorts of junk food, learnt to do my own laundry, swept my own floor, etc.

I started off the semester with company, but I'll be learning to end it on my own. It feels a little weird, but I guess I'll live. After all, I made the choice.

I know that it's been a really incoherent passage, this entire entry, but my mind's still not functioning well for now, so I guess this'll do for now. I have 2 essays to complete, see you guys again soon?

No comments:

It was during one of those conversations where we were disagreeing again with each other's views that I got a clearer understanding of ...