Monday, November 17, 2008

Random updates + Short notes on surrealism

Okay, super long entry ahead. You've been warned.

Exams are finally over. I am thankful that I've only 2 papers to complete, because I am so much of a lazy bum. Let's keep fingers crossed that the workload's going to stay manageable like this for a long time to come. Felt a wave of liberation running through my body as I made my way out of the examination hall; last minute revision kept me awake for like 2 consecutive nights and I'm finally getting some real sleep!

Met up with Siaos and Rob for some retail therapy and ice-cream loving, can't describe how happy I am to meet up with them again. I'm going back to Miss Tan's for my guitar lessons soon, can't wait! I've been a bad, bad student. One whole semester and all I ever got around to playing are those 3 chords and those nursery rhymes, sorry 'cher.

This is a little out-dated but my halloween was spent at MindCafe, SMU. Poly alumni gathering and it was great catching up with ex-coursemates and lecturers, yep, even those whom I wasn't really close to back then. I guess we just want to find out how each other's doing.

Games involved shouting, snatching and making weird noises. The sight must've been very funny, at least in passerbys' eyes.

you can call him/her squeak squeak.

fyp group 18, but we're missing lala! & eden's still crappy as ever please.

Alumni gathering aside, I finally got down to windsurfing! Only Matt and I were there to represent ntu and guess what, Mum & Dad decided to watch me surf after dropping me off. I realized it was the first time my mum saw me in my bikini and it was kinda... awkward? Guess I should be prepared for more of this in future! I certainly don't mind them coming to watch me surf. If anything, I'm more than happy. It's the first time they're ever showing me some support (at least I hope it is) in something that I enjoy doing, and I'm appreciative. Truly, I am.

Tropic Thunder later in the night with a friend I haven't met in at least 2.5 years, thanks to the power of Facebook. Ha. The hilarity made up for all that lameness, seriously! No-brainer movie, just what I needed.

And now, I present to you this:
tadah!

The wait was long (the wait till exams ended), but worth it. I got this baby from DDD at Burlington Square, plus a multi-colour flash, fisheye lens attachment, 2 rolls of film at $175. The uncle was really helpful and I'm so glad I did not join the online spree, I can't imagine going through another 2.5 weeks of waiting! I swear I was trembling with excitment when the uncle finally placed the camera in my hands, I know, too easily satisfied, I know.

Headed over to Wheelock to meet up with Xue (yes she's back! and she's got a holga too!) and Hammy Yap. Miss them, so damned much! Caught up over dinner at 85 with a few more peeps (the twins, ev and tionghan right?) before we moved over to the Cheesecake Cafe. Talked bout lots of stuff, insights into some people's characters (hammy's kinda accurate!), and I still cannot believe it when hammy thinks I'm the most emo of the lot. Like seriously?! Anyone else who feels the same way as him? Don't be shy and let me know okay. Me, emo?! I never knew. I haven't enjoyed such a good chat with friends like I did tonight in a long while, it felt so good.

And I found out that the ex's getting married. You probably are not interested to know how I feel bout it but I'm still going to share anyway. Surreal, will probably be the best word to describe it. It sounds more like something that I'd be reading off a book or see in a drama serial than something that's actually going to be happening to me. Guess this is reality and it's happening all around. Wake up your idea, miss chang. Before you decide that I am rueful about the sorry relationship, I need to clarify that I am not. Things're long over and they happened for a reason, I'm not harping on them, just voicing out how funny it feels.

Gee, I'm glad it's over. At least now I can look back and say, thank goodness I'm not stuck with a lying, self-righteous hypocrite.


ps. true friends, what are they made of.

No comments:

It was during one of those conversations where we were disagreeing again with each other's views that I got a clearer understanding of ...