Tuesday, November 18, 2008

clean up act

Tidying up the room took me almost one full day; wiped the tables, cleared the drawers, shifted my bed around, vacuumed the floor and... changed the sheets! Transferred old photo albums into my drawers too and I found some really cool shots of my Dad, like from over 20-30 years ago. Most of them were from his sailing apprenticeship days. I saw him charting maps, use a sextant, in front of the Great Sphinx & Tian An Men, goof around in the snow, and enjoy a beer with his friends (I do wish that he'd go back to those kinda days).

I totally dig the way he looked back then. Coolness please.

Here's two from the stash I secretly snucked into my secret box:

#1 third from left


#2

I wish he didn't pick up smoking then, cause he's really looking sullen these days. Despite all that younger-days glory, he's really getting old. Felt a teeny weeny bit of sadness when that thought came into mind. It's really odd; I've always loathed the way he tried to bring me & yf up, and yet, I cannot bring myself to unlove him. I hate the things he says to us to put us down, and even more so when I know there's a certain level of truth to them. I guess the reason I cannot unlove him is because ultimately, we know that he just wants the best for us. 


ps. I forgot all about tuition today and my tutee's mum called me up. That was not cool on my part. Can't imagine that I'd forget bout it. Ah.

No comments:

It was during one of those conversations where we were disagreeing again with each other's views that I got a clearer understanding of ...