Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Are you ready?

I could be optimistic about a million and one things, and yet always remain so skeptical about one particular issue.

The hairdresser over-trimmed my hair and I look like a butch now (yes I do look like one now, in case you're wondering)? It's alright, my hair will grow back. Results aren't as ideal as what I've expected of myself? No worries, I always have the next semester to pull it up. Am not getting the feel of what it's like to plane on the windsurf board? No problem, the wind will pick up in time. Subway's out of my favourite White Chip Macademia Nuts Cookie? It's okay, I can always settle for Chocolate Chip. You get the gist, almost every other thing, except for the big L word.

Love. I feel like I really shouldn't talk about it, because I don't seem to know what's it about anymore... and it's funny how someone who has forgotten all about love, wants to experience it so badly. No?

I generally share different views with the people that I've talked to about this. I still adhere to my belief that everyone has the ability to either make or break things; it's your choice, choose wisely. And what's stopping me from looking at things in that perspective? The consequences worry me. They affect me, they affect you, they affect everyone. How then can I not think of the consequences and behave in an irrational manner when everyone will be affected? Consequences, I hate that word. Everything suddenly seems to be laden with responsibility once you associate them with this word. Responsibility and cautiousness that you cannot escape from.

No comments:

It was during one of those conversations where we were disagreeing again with each other's views that I got a clearer understanding of ...