Thursday, December 4, 2008

Charmed

It's our fifth and final day here in Vietnam and despite a few hair-raising experiences on the roads, I can already feel myself missing this place; the never-stopping flow of motorbikes and honking on the busy roads, awesome coffees, (fluffy) baguette sandwiches, yummy pho in clear broth, friendly people, people lazing in their hammocks along the roadsides in the afternoon sun, and (read damned) cheap beers. I have to admit that Vietnam was not on the top of my t0-go list; I just thought it'd be a good opportunity to get to know the windsurfing peeps better and at the same time, see what Vietnam's got to offer.

I'm really digging this place and I've decided to put it on my to-go-back-to list now. I mean, what's there not to like about this place? Okay, maybe 'cept for the mosquitoes buzzing around where I'm typing this entry now. The pace of life here is slow and the people are laid-back; I enjoy watching people taking their afternoon naps in their hammocks. And speaking of which, I think hammocks are just part of their culture. It must be a sin for families not to own at least one hammock or something, not that I'm complaining.

I think I've sat here long enough. Abit paiseh-ed since they're not charging for the internet usage, guess I'll just go up and wait for the rest of the group to be back. Catch you guys again in a few hours!

No comments:

It was during one of those conversations where we were disagreeing again with each other's views that I got a clearer understanding of ...