Friday, December 26, 2008

Christmas Eve & Baking Fun

Last night's mash was great! Food, drinks and great company, what's there not to love? Headed down to Wine Company and surprisingly, the place wasn't crowded (must've been the rain). Caught up with Nee (someone's spotting long hair now lol), Mark (been back for 9 months now), Benjamin, & Nigel's still working there too. Harry's after, and we made our way down to Holland Village's 2a.m. Dessert Bar seeing that Ben & Jerry's were closed. Settled at Swensen's in the end and we ended the night with a chicken baked rice. Gosh.

I think it's not going to be easy for me to lose weight at the rate I'm eating, but hey, I don't mind doing it again!

JX and I messed up the kitchen today; we made cupcakes and sand cookies (whatever they are). Plain cupcakes turned out really nice this time round, save for the fact that I filled the cups with too much batter (think overflow!). Guess I do know what the problem was the last time round now, I'd used plain flour instead of self-raising flour. The cupcakes tasted really nice on their own; only slightly sweet with a hint of savouriness. Recipe's definitely a keeper; I got it from videojug by the way.

As for the sand cookies, one out of the three batches baked turned out kinda burnt. We found it really hard to make cut-outs from the cookie dough even after we've refigerated it; it turned soft real fast. Guess we'll just have to learn to work quicker the next time round.

Hope you guys had a great Christmas too!

No comments:

It was during one of those conversations where we were disagreeing again with each other's views that I got a clearer understanding of ...