Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Like A Boy

That's what I look like now, at least according to Mumsy.

Over dinner, she couldn't help but look at me for 2 seconds longer each time she did and joked about having two sons. So not funny, Mummy. Hur. She's finding it really hard to believe that I cut my hair to such a short length and insists that I must've been through some trauma, and keeps asking me if I'm okay.

from Siaos' holga - long hair, no more!

Of course I'm alright! I'm just bored of the long, generic tresses that I've been spotting since god-knows-when... and it's really annoying when I tell YF or Mumsy that I've just had a haircut and they go "Got meh?", but it's not really their fault because I was such a chicken to initiate any bold changes to the hairdressers, conforming to the very safe option of 'just trimming the ends' each time. So, I've decided it's time for some radical changes!

Instead of the usual "trimming the ends" this time round, I told the hairdresser I wanted to have my hair "really short" though I really had no idea what I wanted the end result to be like. In a way, I guess I sort of left it up to her to decide for me, not such a bad thing since I find making choices to be quite a chore sometimes. I was so happy when she snipped away inches of hair and couldn't help but grin to myself, a change finally. I hope she didn't think I was kuku or something.

Anyway, I used to hate cutting my hair; hated the way I look after hair-cuts and every time Mumsy brought me to the hairdresser back in primary school, I always ended up in tears. Looking back, I don't understand what I hated about it so much! 

Changes are a great welcome for me now, it's just so boring being boring.

No comments:

It was during one of those conversations where we were disagreeing again with each other's views that I got a clearer understanding of ...