Thursday, June 4, 2009

Lunch With One Of My Favourite Uncles

I made my way back to Temasek Poly this afternoon; the first time since at least 6 months ago.
Met up with my "favourite uncle" from TP, and from Biz Park, we made our ways to Mensa 2 for lunch. I was reminded of all the fun times we had back then; laughing at how the chicken rice stall seller looked like Jay Chou, idling in between breaks. Fun times, fun times.

Uncle Sam's pretty much the same; something funny's sure to pop out from his mouth every now and then, and it's usually about me. Hur. He introduced me to "the nicest Mango salad" you can find (in TP), offered me a slice of sweet mango and chicken while I had my yummay Kway Chup. It was like a reunion with an old friend; the familiar taste of the soup, tangy chilli sauce, textures... simple but familiar-tasting meal that I thoroughly enjoyed.

So over lunch, we basically talked about everything under the sun... About people, places, ourselves... and he was telling me how the students like to have cup noodles outside lecture theatres these days. I find this trend absolutely ridiculous for two reasons; it's not like there's no nice food in TP, and do they actually prefer the taste of artificially-flavoured tom yum noodles to the real thing? I guess you can attribute this to... the power of peer influence.

Anyway, lunch was over really quickly. The students are having their mid-sems right now and he's got a paper to invigilate. Till the next time we have lunch together, hopefully we'll be having Design's Muslim food!

this is us, in 2005. qinsheng, ahseng and dj at the back. how time flies.

No comments:

It was during one of those conversations where we were disagreeing again with each other's views that I got a clearer understanding of ...